Other FAQs

Here are some of the more frequently asked support questions. If you do not find the information you need, please don't hesitate to contact us on 0870 066 3526.

What should I do if I change my address?

Please contact us to let us know. We will then advise the Royal Mail. Each franking machine has to be licensed to be used at a specific address, so if you move you will need a new licence.

What should I do if I change the name of my company?

Again you will need to contact us. We in turn will advise the Royal Mail who will issue a new licence.

What happens to unused credit if I change my franking machine?

If you change your franking machine and there is credit left, you will receive a refund from the Royal Mail. After the machine has been de-commissioned they will send you a cheque.

What should I do if I have franked the wrong date?

Set the postage amount to zero then set the date to the correct date. Frank the item upside down using the correct date. Royal Mail will accept this item.

What should I do if I have over franked an item?

If you over frank an item and need to claim back the money from the Royal Mail, download the reclaim form below, fill it in and send it to the address on the form. The Royal Mail will then send you a cheque for the outstanding balance.
Reclaim PDF form

How do I design my franking logo?

You can use the on-line logo designer on the FP Mailing website by following this link:
Logo Designer Tool

I send high volumes of post. Are further discounts available from the Royal Mail?

Yes, discount schemes such as Cleanmail Advance are available. We suggest you contact us to discuss the options available to you.

Call us to discuss the ultimail postal franking machine Call us on 0870 066 3526

Email us to discuss the FP ultimail postal franking machine info@ims-franking.co.uk